Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble, Gobble!!!

Introducing my families newest addiction: Cake Pops. While I can't take credit for the original idea (that was courtesy of Bakerella), I am pretty proud of these cute little guys. Cake Pops are the perfect sweet treat, just 2 bites (or 1 if my hubby is eating it) and you get to enjoy cake, frosting and chocolate. Of course, I challenge you to stop at just one. My husband and 3 kids have gone through over 3 dozen this weekend, I can't make them fast enough.



The turkeys were made using a scratch recipe for Spice Cake, baked, cooled, crumbled and mixed with homemade cream cheese frosting. I then hand rolled the mixture into spheres and diped in melted dark chocolate. I used peanut M&M's, candy corn and pretzels to decorate. Decorating cake pops does become pretty time consuming, so the kids get the pops and the grown ups get the more elegant "Cake Truffles" same delicous chocolate dipped cake, but without lollipop stick and decorations. Cake Truffles look just like traditional chocolate ones and go well on a dessert platter, perfect for a holiday open house party. I can't wait to make winter and Christmas themed pops. I am finding them as addicting to make as they are to eat.

No comments: