Friday, April 23, 2010

'69 Camaro

I'm quite a few months late in posting this, but, better late than never. My husband has been so wonderful and supportive of my cake making, I knew he deserved an over the top cake for himself. Our youngest son was born just before hubby's birthday so he had to wait a few weeks. Tom never quite got over his first love, in fact I'm pretty sure that the only thing he loves more are me and the kids :). This cake took me almost all week to complete, since I was fitting it in while caring for a 3 week old baby in addition to our 3 other boys. Tom was my technical advisor and I am amazed at the fact that he remembers every minute detail of his car (I was left wishing his memory in other areas was as impressive). Except for a few minor things, this cake is an exact replica. The cake is hand carved and details were made using modeling chocolate and fondant. Peanut butter cake with chocolate peanut butter filling. Everything is edible.

No comments: